This all started last April, when I got a call from Payson Highs Color guard coach telling me that my daughter had made the team!!! And asked me if they could come to my house at 6 am the next morning and kidnap Shelby in her jammies and take her to a celebration breakfast. So her dad and I knew this, and had to keep it secret from her for 12 hours. We knew she would be so excited and the anticipation was killing us...
The next morning at 6am my doorbell rang, Larry and I were up because we couldn't wait to see the expression on her face. I opened the door and there was 2 girls and 1 boy there to come kidnap my baby, and give her some exciting news. I went down stairs to get her, and she yelled at me for waking her up at 6am on a Saturday!!! After a couple of minutes of her yelling at me, I was able to get her upstairs to be told the news. She stood there with the most confused look on her face, (I think she was still half asleep) They told her Good morning Shelby, you made the team! she stood there still confused, and I told her to go down stairs and get your shoes on and they are going to take you to breakfast. She still looked confused. I followed her down stairs to get her shoes and told her, YOU MADE THE TEAM!!!! and she finally got it. She jumped on top of me and started to hug me, yelling I DID!! I Cant believe it. IM SO HAPPY.. It was so funny her delayed reaction, I wish I had video of it...
No comments:
Post a Comment